The Martinet product platform of soft tissue excisional biopsy devices has been generated to fulfill the needs of clinicians utilizing minimally invasive procedures across medical fields for next-generation, cost-effective, hand-held, image guided devices designed to enable a single insertion, minimally disruptive access (via a small skin incision), minimally invasive approach through the surrounding tissue to achieve complete isolation and removal of an abnormal target tissue with clear margins, creating a spherical or near-spherical cavity; the latter which may facilitate subsequent treatment of the site as appropriate.
- Novel, minimal access device designed for complete removal of a target tissue, creating a spherical or near-spherical cavity post-procedure.
- Designed to facilitate procedures being performed in the convenience of an office, clinic, or ambulatory center in addition to the hospital setting.
Martinet’s patented, unique, novel method of approaching, surrounding, and isolating a lesion is demonstrated in the following video:
Health Care Advancements:
- The Martinet product platform consists of three different device models for different needs of the patient and physician. All device models are highly cost-effective and are designed to enable a careful, precise, image-guided (ultrasound imaging, stereotactic imaging, or MRI modalities) approach to the abnormal tissue, with the capability of re-positioning as needed without removing the device from the single insertion site.
- Martinet devices are designed to facilitate procedures being performed in the convenience of an office, clinic, or ambulatory center in addition to the hospital setting. Our goal is to shorten the timeframe from surgery to diagnosis – potentially the same day and within the same procedure – enabling rapid, effective treatment planning.
- The Martinet family of devices is designed with a range of different working element sizes to accommodate the excision of different sized lesions encountered by the physician, and with the ability to ensure clean margins of healthy tissue around the excised lesion.
- The Martinet family of devices is also designed to create a spherical or near-spherical cavity which may facilitate subsequent treatment of the site as appropriate.
The Martinet product platform is currently under development as a TransMed7 subsidiary Project LLC – Martinet Medical, LLC. Design feasibility and proof of concept have been established.
The Martinet product platform is described further below.
Novel minimal access device intended to:
- Completely remove a target tissue;
- Lead to clean margins;
- Leave behind a spherical or near-so shaped cavity.
The European Common Swift (Apus apus) is known in France as the “Martinet”. A familiar sight in the summertime, it winters in South Africa and is one of Nature’s fastest fliers, capable of ultra-precise aerobatics. Although Swifts resemble Swallows, they are not at all related, and in fact the Swift’s closest relative happens to be…the Hummingbird.